The question we are asked most often these days is “when is FWMA moving to the new property?”
As most of you know we purchased 20 acres off Sopchoppy Hwy in Wakulla county FL with the goal of giving FWMA a new permanent home so that it will continue to care for injured and orphaned critters long after we (the Beatty family) are no longer here. Though we have made some progress, including purchasing an additional 10 acres just west of the property and getting it rezoned for a wildlife hospital, there is still a long way to go and we need your help to bring this dream to reality. We have decided to focus on trying to get the first buildings on the property this year and will start with the smaller buildings as they seem less daunting than the 4000 sq ft commercial grade medical facility that we will tackle later down the line. Our priority for 2021 will be to obtain the Intern/Caretaker housing and erect the storage building. Our thought is that we could use a mobile or modular home for intern housing and a steel building for storage. If you can help us in any way, please let us know.
Below is a listed the things we will need to accomplish in order to complete this phase of development. Any help would be truly appreciated.
1) Road Improvement- Stabilizing road to insure it can handle heavy trucks and equipment.
2) Intern Housing- Seeking a mobile or modular home no older than 2000, zoned a 2 or 3 for our location, between 1400 and 1800 sq ft, 2 or 3 bedrooms, and must be in reasonable condition to be donated or purchased at low cost.
3) Moving the home and set up on property in compliance with county codes.
4) Running electric onto the property to the buildings.
5) Septic system and drain field for the intern housing.
6) Drilling a well for water and running pvc to buildings.
7) Cement pad for steel storage building.
8) Steel building to be used as a workshop and storage area for equipment, feed, and caging storage. Approx. 20′ x 30′ or 20′ x 40′ with loft area for storage of smaller caging and supplies.
We’ve got land for our expansion plans, but there’s so much more we need to do and we need your help to make it happen. Please take a look at our roadmap, phase by phase, and use the Donate button below to help us expand and care for the animals of our region.
Click the image below until it enlarges to read about our future.